- Bearing Type: Ball Bearing
- Cooling System: Oil & Water Cooled
- Turbine Housing: Internally Wastegated, 0.86a/r
- Base Flange: T25
- Exhaust Outlet Flange: 5 Bolt CA18DET/SR20DET Style
- Actuator Options: 10psi or 14.7psi Garrett Fixed Actuator, GCG Billet Adjustable Actuator
- Horsepower: 200-475hp
- Displacement: 1.4L - 2.5L
- Previous Part Number: 836040-5002S
Features of the Garrett GTX GEN II:
GTX GEN II compressor wheels were designed using proprietary Honeywell computer simulation technology focusing on CFD analysis to optimize the wheel design to reach maximum efficiency and mass flow for each turbocharger. Each GTX GEN II turbocharger has the ability to create more air mass flow, offering enthusiasts a wider range of power output when tuning the vehicle. The 8mm dual ceramic ball bearing cartridge provides optimal turbo response and reliability through its reduction in shaft motion. The GEN II GTX Series Turbochargers feature a fully-machined compressor inlet, fully-machined compressor outlet, and fully-machined ported shroud.
Garrett also added a brand new compressor housing featuring a high-flowing design matched perfectly for the new compressor wheel upgrade. GEN II compressor housings are not interchangeable with GEN I compressor wheels; however, all GEN II turbochargers are outline interchangeable with the equivalent GT and GTX GEN I product. The new compressor housings are equipped with a fully machined speed sensor port that accepts the Garrett by Honeywell speed sensor (Sold separately). This feature allows tuners to understand existing operating conditions, which is important when fine tuning a turbocharger to its most efficient operating conditions. The speed sensor port comes plugged from the factory and can be removed using a 5mm allen key when ready to install a speed sensor kit.
All GEN II GTX series turbochargers are compatible with existing GT and GTX turbine housings kits.
- Directly interchangable with the GT2860RS, GT2871RS, GTX2860R GEN I, GTX2863R GEN I, and GTX2867R GEN I.
- The GTX2860R GEN II does not come with an actuator, but we do offer options of 10psi or 14.7psi Garrett Fixed Actuators, or our GCG Billet Adjustable Actuator. Existing GT2860RS, GT2871RS, GTX2860R/63R/67R actuator assemblies will be usable on this turbocharger.
- The GTX2860R GEN II will bolt directly onto the CA18DET/SR20DET factory exhaust manifold and dump pipe, however, when this turbocharger is supplied, the housing orientation is generic. This means that the compressor housing, turbine housing, and core assembly may need to be rotated to suit the application. Also, due to the different style of compressor cover used, some intake and intercooler pipe modifications are required.